Summer has offically arrived. It’s the time of year when you think life is gonna settle down but, in actuality, things are busier than ever. It’s the time of year when we are constantly looking for quick meals and easy snack ideas – sometimes those are even one in the same.
And although we want quick and easy, we are also trying to keep things as clean and healthy as possible. This means forgoing the packaged foods we used to reach for and getting a little creative in the kitchen. If you have read this blog for a while, you know that salads are often my go to, but sometimes I want to change it up.
Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna in pouches makes this so much easier. We can throw together a quick, healthy meal at home or on the go. It comes in some great flavors (Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil is our fave) and can also be purchased in cans. How’s that for choices?
This particular recipe is something I came up with when I was bored of my regular choices. This makes a great starter or a main course. You can wrap them up and take ’em to the pool or work for lunch – change up the flavors each time you make it for something different.
- 4 avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 pouch BUMBLE BEE® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 6-10 large black olives, roughly chopped
- sliced pepperoncini, to taste
- Brush avocados with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill upside down on BBQ or grill pan until grill lines form.
- Set aside.
- Mix tuna, olives, pepperoncini and mayo in a bowl.
- Spoon tuna mixture into avocado halves.
- Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.